Sunday, September 20, 2015

The escape

 































































































































 
So you know how I have always wanted to live in Alaska?  Well guess what, I did it.  On September 30 2014 We finally got the car loaded at 2am in the morning and started driving cross country to our now home.  By we I mean my dog and I kinda kidnapped my neighbor, Samantha, cause I could mot drive that far by myself.  So off we went, taking turns driving and stopping for the occasional dialysis treatments.  First stop for rest was a Super8 Motel and guess what?  They were pet friendly.  So for the rest of the trip that's where we stayed.  We saw so many beautiful sights and animals on our trip out west.  There were prairie dogs at the gas station, wild horses running beside the car, buffalo and antelope on the side of the road and very large deer crossing in front of us. Then came the ferry ride.  Roxy did fine until then.  There was no place for her to go potty on the ferry so for almost 2 days she would not go on the floor of the car deck.  So once we got into the first port of the ferry ride she made a mad dash to shore and relieved herself.  Once we arrived in Juneau I had to go directly to dialysis which just happened to be just around the corner from the ferry dock.  We found another Super8 Motel and stayed there until April 24, 2015 because our housing was about to be ready.  They were so nice and helpful during the wait that we gave them a pizza party as a thank you.  Once we got into our place we had more help from other agencies with furniture and linen that we really didn't have to buy much.  So on July 26, 2015 We moved into our new digs and have been loving every minute.  You wake up to a new scene every day.  Sometimes the clouds are so low you can almost touch them.  They weave themselves around the trees and it looks like the mountain is on fire or they cover the mountains and all you can see is a silhouette .  There are otters frolicking in the water, eagles everywhere, noisy ravens and the most beautiful stellar jays.  And I have discovered I have a creative cooking side.  I have come up with some recipes that I will share So this is my blog.  Hope you like it and the pictures and I will keep you posted on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment