Tuesday, September 22, 2015

CurriedOxtail Stew.

Okay, since I've been here in Alaska I find that my cooking skills have gone off the hook.  I have made up some of the most interesting meals just by looking in the fridge and putting stuff together.  It's like I don't want to go to the store to pick up the usual stuff and just make due with what I have.  For my first recipe you need a crockpot so you know it will be easy.1 to 2 pkgs of oxtails
1 pkg Au Jus Mix
3 to 5 cubes Golden Curry
1 to 2 pkgs stew veggies (frozen)
2 cups water
1/4 cup dried minced onions
1 tsp Goya seasons

Put the oxtails in the bottom of the crockpot.  Pour in 2 cups water, the package of au jus, the dried onions, the golden curry and the Goya seasons.  Put the crockpot on high and walk away for 5 hours.  Add the stew veggies and mix thoroughly.  Cook for another hour or until the veggies are done. Serve over rice, biscuits, noodles or just plain with bread and enjoy.  If you are only making 4 oxtail use 3 cubes of curry.  The curry comes in 3 different types of heat so pick the one you like best.  It's easy and yummy.  Hope you like it.


1 comment: